Monday, September 12, 2011

Motivation

Gratitude. That is where it starts. This blog is actually more about motivation (or the lack thereof) but my husband thought gratitude was a good place to start.
Personally I think the two are linked together. If you cannot be grateful for what you have, it is easy to turn into an Eeyore and sit around hoping things will get better.
The problem is certainly not that I don't have things I want to do. In fact I have a long list. I have ambitions to paint, read the classics, learn new recipes, put together the 3000 piece puzzle I just got, learn how to knit, teach myself to write with my left hand, memorize scripture, go for walks, eat healthy, exercise more, and take pictures with my new camera, but somehow none of that is being accomplished.

So first we have to work on motivation.
Certainly a positive outlook helps. The idea that I CAN accomplish what I intend to do. But still i think i have to start small. i cannot begin by trying to do everything at once. So instead i will take one thing and do it for a month. Like taking pictures. I can make a goal of taking one picture every day for a month.

My main goal here is not to let my life pass me by. I don't intend on becoming famous or doing anything earth-shattering, but I don't want to look back on this year and say "I did nothing."
I want to use the time and resources i have no to enjoy life and to make a difference in my life and in the lives of those around me, even if it is just a small one.

No comments:

Post a Comment